February 20, 2014
Do you dread the thought of going on your next job interview? Do you lack confidence? Do you feel like you are wasting your time? Well, it’s time to turn your attitude around. Read these 10 inspirational quotes that also serve as helpful job interview tips to give yourself a positive perspective.
1.”One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” (Arthur Ashe)
An air of self-confidence indicates that you are qualified for the job and good at handling stressful situations. The best way to build self-confidence is to do as this quote says: prepare. Read up on the company for which you are interviewing and prepare to answer the questions that you will likely be asked during the interview. The more prepared you are going into the interview, the more confident you will naturally feel.
2. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” (Thomas Edison)
If you have had a string of job interviews that did not result in you getting a job, you may feel disheartened, and you may just want to give up. As Thomas Edison says in this quote, though, giving up is “our greatest weakness.” Get back on your feet and try again.
3. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you CHOOSE!” (Dr. Seuss)
Don’t let fear stop you. Believe in yourself, and aim for your dream career.
4. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.”(George Eliot)
Are you getting a late start in the career of your choice? It’s OK. George Eliot (AKA Mary Ann Evans) is right in this quote when she says it’s “never too late.”
5. “Nothing you wear is more important than your smile.” (Connie Stevens)
Don’t forget to smile during your job interview. Otherwise, you may come across as unfriendly, nervous, angry or unhappy.
6. “Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for doing it.”(Katharine Whitehorn)
Your job is a lot more enjoyable when you are doing something you actually like to do. Don’t let money be the sole deciding factor on your career choice. Pick a job that you will enjoy. It will make you a happier person.
7. “Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell ’em, ‘Certainly I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it.” (Theodore Roosevelt)
This tactic has worked for many people and just might work for you as well. It’s also called “fake it ’til you make it.”
8. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing that’s why we recommend it daily.” (Zig Ziglar)
Staying motivated is a daily effort. Start each day fresh with the intent of making it a good one.
9. “Never put off for tomorrow, what you can do today.” (Thomas Jefferson)
Procrastination can be your worst enemy when it comes to getting a job. Start your preparation early to give yourself the best leg up on the competition.
10. “Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is.” (H. Jackson Brown)
Follow your gut and put yourself out there during your job interview. Be yourself. Don’t be afraid to promote your talents.
Bookmark this page–or print it out–and read over these inspirational quotes before your next job interview.