12 Stats that Explain the Future of Mobile Recruitment
User experience boils down to accommodating the end user’s goals. If there are two different end users—talent versus hiring managers, for example—great tech calls for two different and complementary user experiences. Recruiting is a two sided market, talent and employer; this is important to remember as you continue to refine your recruiting strategy. Job seekers increasingly expect a pleasant mobile experience to aid their search for employment.
- Worldwide sales of smartphones totaled $968 million in 2013, an increase of 42.3 percent from 2012, according to Gartner.
- 37 percent of all Internet traffic occurs on a mobile device.
- Only 129 entire companies generated more revenue than the iTunes Store ($23.5 billion in 2013)
- Internet traffic from mobile devices will exceed that of wired devices by 2016, according to Cisco.
The Mobile Demand
- 1 billion job searches per month are done on mobile devices.
- 70 percent of job seekers research job information on mobile devices.
- 30 percent of mobile job seekers search multiple times per day.
- 57 percent of job seekers would fill out an entire job application on a mobile device if there was an easy and professional solution.
The Mobile Supply
- 80 percent of companies don’t have mobile-optimized career pages.
- 82 percent of companies don’t use mobile-optimized job ads.
- Only 26 Fortune 500 companies have a mobile-optimized job application process.
Rise of Business of B2B Mobile Apps
- The mobile SMB (Small to Mid-Sized Business) SaaS (Software as a Service) market is expected to reach $19.7 billion in 2017, according to Mobile Workforce Strategies. That’s a 294 percent increase over $6.7 billion in 2012.
The future of mobile recruiting is now. In my opinion, candidates are looking for job opportunities from their mobile devices, and hiring managers are looking for easy engagement with prospective talent and the internal hiring team. What do these stats tell you about the future of mobile recruitment?
David Smooke is SmartRecruiters Director of Content & Social Media.