August 30, 2013
Having a personal website that showcases the best of you — whether you’re actively searching for a job or building your personal brand — provides a great first impression. Don’t know how to build a website? There are plenty of online tools that generate the website for you. Vizify is one such tool. All you need to do is connect your social networks, and Vizify generates a set of beautiful web pages that highlight your career and social media posts. And best of all, it’s free!
It’s fast and easy to create a Vizify webpage:
- Create your account by entering an email address.
- Choose which social networks you want to connect and include in your Vizify bio.
- You’re done!
Now you have a personalized link to a set of web pages that display the highlights of you. Check out mine here. You’ll notice that my Vizify profile comprises over 30 pages. This is because I chose to connect most of my social media networks. If you choose to authorize access to fewer social networks, you’ll have a shorter Vizify profile. Keep in mind that if you reserve certain social networks for personal use, e.g., Facebook, then don’t connect it to Vizify. You don’t want the tool to highlight anything deemed as unprofessional or inappropriate.
Here are a few key Vizify features:
- A overview page with your career info, where you live, and the topics you post about on social networks
- A gallery of your most popular photos
- A word cloud of the topics you talk about
- Your years of job experience
- A timeline of your career, i.e., places and years of employment
- Your educational history
- A map of your presence on the web
Vizify also gives you the option to customize your bio. You can edit photo captions, re-order and hide pages, and create a new page. Note that some customization features require a premium account for a small monthly fee.
Vizify is a great way to create a visual representation of what you’re all about. Create an account today! Have a favorite online tool, whether for personal branding or resumes? Leave your recommendation in the comments section. We’ll give it a whirl and let you know what we think!