Last weekend, Simply Hired held its annual Summer Picnic where we busted out our swim suits for water gun fights, brought our “A” game for the team competitions and arrived hungry for the BBQ meal, like every year. But there was an especially noticeable change from past picnics: the watermelon eating contest, usually each year’s biggest event, was trumped by a new activity—Dunk Your Manager.
The dunkees included Simply Hired’s CEO, President/COO, SVP of Sales, Director of Finance and Inside Sales Manager. Despite their taunting, teasing, pleading and offers of raises if they missed, they all came to the same end:
- The paddleboat contest went… slowly. It’s hard to move a boat just by pedaling – especially if you have a third person acting as a weapon onboard! See pics and video below!
- Only four boats capsized in the canoe races, which was a great accomplishment with less than skilled operators
- The three-person ski race proved to be quite the difficult task for some teams while others sped through this competition.
- Simply Hired employees and their friends/family reverted back to their childhood in the potato sack / hula hoop relay.
- The watermelon contest was quite the competition, with each team being required to eat a full watermelon between two people. It had the double benefits of being messy and entertaining.
Check out the video of the day’s festivities: