Are you active on Twitter? Maybe you should be. Recently, “Twitter” was named the Word of the Year by the Global Language Monitor, based on the frequency in use of words and phrases on the Internet and in the media. With over 3 million users and growing, Twitter is quickly becoming an online meeting place where recruiters and employers are connecting with potential job candidates.
Here are 10 tips for finding a job on Twitter:
1. Fill out your profile – This section can become your “elevator pitch” such as “Marketing guru with over 15 years of experience.”
2. Include a link to your online resume or CV in your bio, or even a link to your LinkedIn profile.
4. Utilize Twitter hashtags to search for jobs. A good starting place is for the general tags #jobs, #job, #hiring and #shjobs, as well as industry specific hashtags like #HR, #nursing, #tech. You can even use them in tandem with other search terms like “#shjobs manager” to filter your results. Doing this can also help you identify recruiters, companies and other job search authorities to follow that post jobs.Following
5. Follow people that you know. Ask them to keep an eye out for jobs that may interest you!
7. Follow the companies you are interested in working for. They may tweet about open positions that are available. Some companies even have a specific Twitter accounts just to post new jobs.
9. Follow people at companies where you would like to work. They could become a great resource to find out what working at that company is really like.Tweeting
10. Get involved in conversations about subjects you’re interested in. Networking with people that share your interests – especially professional interests like SEO or Ruby – connect you with people that could aid you in your search.