well, it's been way too long since we actually blogged anything original and/or of significance. there's probably a better excuse (all nighters, lots of work on the product, too many holiday cards to send), but we'll just blame it on the tryptophan.
here are some notable events that have occurred in the past month or so:
* John Battelle and Dan Farber moderated our last Search SIG on Vertical Search
* our CEO was quoted as saying Google can't build apps (and he wasn't struck down by lightning :)
* we got Mashed-up (again!) in Verne Kopytoff's article in the SF Chronicle about the web's hottest new phenomena
* we pontificated about all things Vertical and all things Search in Eric Olson's VentureWeek podcast on Search
* the Simply Hired Blog was nominated by Recruiting.com for a Best Blog Award (please vote early, and often :)
* Simply Hired was covered in today's Wall Street Journal lead article on Technology, "Beyond Google" by Kevin Delaney
aside from all the sound & fury above, we've been hard at work on a bunch of new product features to rollout in early 2006. with a little luck & a lot of elbow grease from the elves in engineering, we hope to have several shiny new presents for all of you good little job seekers in the new year :)
so happy holidays to all, and to all a good night!